Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sometimes you feel like a nut...


Mounds and Almond Joy Inspired Brownie Bites

Today I tried a recipe that I heard about from another Shelf Reliance consultant.  This combines two of my favorite dessert flavors - chocolate and coconut, and I must say it is delicious.

Here is what I did:

I followed the directions on both the Thrive Fudge Brownie Mix  and Thrive Macaroon Cookie Mix for mixing the batter, which on both is - measure out mix - add hot water.  Then I used a small scoop to fill mini muffin tins 3/4 of the way full, preheated the oven to 360 and cooked the brownie portion for 5 minutes.  I took the pan out of the oven and used a small scoop to drop the macaroon mix on top of the brownies.  On half the brownies I added an almond, and left the rest plain because sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.  I cooked the completed treats for an additional 15 minutes.

That's it, they are delicious.  Enjoy!

1 comment: