Thursday, November 3, 2011

Can you grill a sandwich with powdered butter?

I've been asked before about how some Thrive foods reconstitute, and I've been curious myself. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried the powdered butter, the texture and taste was just butter. The only problem is that it does not melt quite as readily as fresh butter. One suggested solution on the can is to reconstitute using oil instead of water, but that is for another day. The question I wanted to answer today is:

Can you grill a sandwich with powdered butter?

The answer is oh yes.

I started with some chicken salad and some molasses wheat bread, then I used the reconstituted butter and grilled it. It turned out just as tasty as regular butter, but it formed a bit of a crust instead of melting in and letting the texture of the bread itself get toasty.

If you are a grilled sandwich purist, maybe it is a pass, but if you are in it for the taste, go for it!

Here is where you can find the recipe for the chicken salad http://www.kathym.shelfreliance.com/c/kitchen/recipe/4-star-chicken-salad I did leave out the cherries and walnuts and it was still super tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment